A Visit to Ms. Catherine's House
on the Cabin
|Quick Tour of
About the turn of the century, six of the eight houses were moved to scattered locations on the farm and rooms were added. Consequently when Mr. and Ms. Waiters moved into this house in the 1930s, it was located on a pretty spot at the edge of the woods. The original hewn timber part of the house had been divided into two rooms. Also, a kitchen and a small bed room had been added at the rear and a porch added at the front. Today, these additions have been removed and the house returned to the size it was in 1836.
Copyright Amelia Wallace Vernon. All rights reserved, 1999.