Dennis C. Sanderson
Chair, Department of Fine
Arts and Mass Communication
and Marlene Askins Professor
Professor of Theatre
Michigan State University
(Aren't old yearbooks wonderful?....)
Return to Fine
- Ph.D. Theatre, Michigan State
- M.A. Speech-Theatre, Kent State
- B.S. Speech-Broadcasting, Kent State
- Chairman, Department of Fine Arts and Mass Communication,
- C.B. and Marlene Askins Professor of Fine Arts
- Who's Who in America, 1995 & 1996.
- Who's Who in the World, 1994 & 1995.
- Who's Who in Entertainment, 1991-92. Who's Who in the
1975-76 and 1979-80.
- Outstanding Educators of America, 1973.
- First Boyd Award for Outstanding Faculty Academic
Newberry College, 1966.
- President's Fellowship of LCA for advanced graduate study,
- Creativity Grant of LCA for special research, 1970.
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- "A Conjectural Reconstruction of the Ancient Greek Theatre
- "A Mousetrap for Chekhov." Paper for Southeastern Theatre
Conference on relation between Anton Chekhov and Constantin
- "The Force of Star Wars." A series of three public forums
analyze "The Force" and its potential effect on society.
- "Advertising Sublimation." A series of three public forums
advertising techniques and their effect - in conjunction with S.C.
OTHER ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE:
- South Carolina Theatre Association
- Southeastern Theatre Association
Association of Schools of Theatre
- Theatre as a Liberal Art
- American Theatre in Higher Education
- South Carolina Arts Educational Forum
- Alpha Psi Omega
- Sierra Club
- Florence Barbershop Harmony Chorus
- Rotary (past member and director)
- Florence Lions Club (member and director)
- Co-Chairman, Art's Alive Festival Committee, 1985-1995
- Advisory Committee of the Joint Legislative Committee of
South Carolina Legislature
- Consultant, Mullins School District
- Consultant, Marion High School
- Consultant, Latta Revitalization Committee
Dr. Dennis C.
- Scuba Diving
- Auto Racing
Retired Chair, Department
of Fine Arts and
C.B. and Marlene Askins Professor of
and Professor of Theatre
Ph.D., Michigan State University
to Fine Arts Home Page